Digital Marketing is dead as we know it and I can prove it.
Traffic costs are higher than ever, conversion rates are lower than ever, and it’s getting harder and harder to get new brands noticed. Face it…marketing in 2019 is no cakewalk. In his opening keynote, DigitalMarketer Co-Founder and CEO, Ryan Deiss, broke down the cause of these changes, and gave 5 strategies to rise above the noise to compete and win.
All Industries go through the same process…
Digital Marketing is in DISRUPTION
2019 will see DIGITAL AD SPEND OUTPACE TRADITIONAL AD SPACE
Moving away from Marketing Funnels towards the Customer Value Journey
Must build a complete Customer Value Journey
Build Referral Engines! – Turn one customer into 3
Successful customers refer – NOT happy customers
MAKE THEM SUCCESSFUL AND THEY WILL REFER
Have you mapped your customer Journey on a single piece of paper?
Less Marketing Automation, More Conversation
Automation has been great, BUT the reaction is coming.
Talk, actually TALK to your customers!
Put your PHONE NUMBER on your sales pages and ANSWER the phone
- What Does it cost to start a conversation?
- What is a conversation worth?
Unscalable Marketing is good, Scalable Isn’t Everything
Do the things you can’t track
- Send emails without links and ask for a reply? Ask a question? When you engage them in conversation, you find out what the want.
- Get a MANAGED Facebook Group.
- Are you willing to assign someone to the Facebook group?
- Post unrelated content
- STOP WORRYING ABOUT BUTTON COLOR.
- Answer 10 questions on Quora
- Take good ones and pass it to a facebook live
- 1 – on – 1 Onboarding
- Write a book…. Or two.
- Publish a podcast
- Read this book: This Won’t Scale at drift.com/books/this-wont-scale
What unscalable strategies will you do?
Big is Cool, Small Segments Generate the Most Income
How many people are in your high value segments?
Which customer segments are 10x more valuable
Small Ideas Don’t Work, Play Big in Business
No one follows a small idea
Don’t have “Tall Poppy Syndrome”
Define new categories
Play Bigger: Amazon
Create Movements again
If you want to matter – start a movement
If you don’t matter – you don’t exist
Don’t settle for little ideas
What do you fundamentally believe to be true about the universe and our place in it?
Traffic & Conversion never change and will always be needed